My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

It feels like cocktail hour

Well it is a red letter day around here. My girls just cleaned their room for the very first time! Now I mean *really* cleaned their room--on their own. Like things were organized and put away where they belong and stuff. Surfaces wiped down. Niiiiice. And now we have just finished dying some eggs. Yay--I love dying eggs! Except for the multi colored fingers that come after.

We are having a neighborhood Easter party on Saturday. WTF was I thinking!?! Actually I am really good at organizing parties and get togethers. I used to work F&B before I became a "perma Mom" and I seem to have a knack for putting these things together. Still---I continually block out how much work it is to *really* put together something nice. Even when casual is the order of the day!

After my almost sleepless night last night I am tired. Happy. But tired. It feels much later than it is. So I think I will go make a cocktail. I still have to come up with something for dinner too. I wonder if there can be such a thing as *too* much pizza..................................