My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!
Monday, March 30, 2009
Friday, March 27, 2009
Monday, March 23, 2009
30 Things you wouldn't think to ask...
One of these things, which asks the hard hitting questions again. Answer these “30 Things You Wouldn’t Think To Ask,” then tag me so I can come and have a look. After that, tag 25 friends who you’d like to answer these questions (I’m sure we all know the drill by now).
1. Have you ever been searched by the cops? No. But I get nervous for no good reason if one is behind me in traffic...
2. Do you close your eyes on a roller coaster? Gawd - I hate roller coasters. All of 'em.
3. When’s the last time you’ve been sledging? Sledging??? What the hell is that?? It sounds like you would get wet and cold doing it - so probably not recently.
4. Would you rather sleep with someone else, or alone? With my hubby.
5. Do you believe in ghosts? Yup.
6. Do you consider yourself creative? Eh - not really.
7. Do you think O.J. killed his wife? Yes
8. Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie? No, thank you.
9. Can you honestly say you know anything about politics? Yes - and enough to know that politicians suck.
10. Do you know how to play poker? Yes. I love poker.
11. Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight? Yes - it was awful...
12. What’s your favorite commercial? This one that aired after 9-11.
13. Who was your first love? Hawkeye Pierce :)
14. If you’re driving in the middle of the night, and no one is around you, do you run a red light? Nope - I would stop. It would be just my luck to get nailed for running a red light...
15. Do you have a secret that no one knows but you? Probably but I tend to forget secrets that I know. Moot point.
16. Boston Red Sox or New York Yankees? Baseball?? I don't care...
17. Have you ever been ice skating? Yes. Gravity is a scary thing now...
18. How often do you remember your dreams? Occasionally - and sadly most often I am having a nightmare.
19. What’s the one thing on your mind? The ONE thing? You have got to be kidding me... I have a gazillion things on my mind at any given time.
20. Do you always wear your seat belt? No - but I know I should. Don't tell my mom, ok?
21. What talent do you wish you had? I wish I could write really well. Save that, I wish I could type worth a damn. Srsly - 34 wpm with mistakes. I suck.
22. Do you like sushi? No. Though I have enjoyed ceviche before...
23. What do you wear to bed? If it's cold - satin jammies. Otherwise tank top or tee shirt.
24. Do you truly hate anyone? There are a few people to whom I would refuse hospitality. (And between you and me - that's a big deal.) A very few. But I would neither break bread with them nor allow them into my home.
25. If you could sleep with one famous person, who would it be? Why the hell would I want to sleep with them - I would think getting to talk to them would be more enjoyable! Not that I can think of anyone "famous" I really want to talk to either...
26. Do you know anyone in jail? Nope - don't think so. Haven't had to bail anyone out in a while either.
27. What food do you find disgusting? Horseradish (hate the stuff) - though I guess that's more of a condiment than a food... Uh... Pigs feet are pretty gross.
28. Have you ever made fun of your friends behind their back? Made fun of? No - I do not make fun of my friends - except to their faces. :)
29. Have you ever been punched in the face? Not really - but I have punched someone in the face. He deserved it too.
30. Do you believe in angels and demons? Oh yeah. Definitely.
So there you go - reandom information for a random Monday. Hopefully your's isn't as dreary as mine!
Thursday, March 19, 2009
The only down side of all of the snow melting...
Computa and I were downtown for an appointment yesterday and had a few spare minutes to check out the river walk a bit. Nice friendly looking stairs, eh? If not for public access then who for I wonder... Hmmm... Not that I am going to go down them. Yeesh.
It will be interesting to see what affect all of the forecasted rain has... Swimming in the streets?? Wouldn't be the first time! Not that I plan to take a dip - no sir.
At any rate, things are still rocking along here. I am just thankful I don't have a riverside seat at this point!
I am all about counting my blessings these days - oh yeah...
Monday, March 16, 2009
What ever happened to the time??
I am short on funny stories these days as well - though there have been grand opportunities for humor I can't seem to find the giggle.
Maybe it's just this time of year.
Maybe it's just me.
But I am hoping that some balance will be found sooner than later and I can get off of the ropes.
Do you think burning some sage to chase away the eivil spirits would work?? Somebody hand me some, will ya?
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Monday, March 09, 2009
Wednesday, March 04, 2009
Yup - that about covers it... Sometimes a little "flair" is a good thing, eh? Even as an early warning system.
(May not be safe for work - there is some bird flippage and a little sweary part...)
And now back into the fray I go...
Monday, March 02, 2009
Heh - that reminds me of a funny...
Ha!! - Hores are funny! And what it reminded me of was Sporta and fat shit sing - I am still giggling madly....
So as any calm, cool and collected parent would do I called Sporta into the kitchen and asked her to read the notation to me.
Sporta: "Mooooom.... It says
fact sheet sign... Okay???"
Me: "Of course it does... Thanks for
clearing that up for me..."
fact. sheet. sign.
(Hores hat tip to Loretta and Dal)